Thursday, 25 December 2008

How it all began

At the beginning of 2008 I watched three fellow collectors trying their newly developed wargaming rules. I was fascinated. Especially the idea of transforming historical facts into simple rules that will allow a quick game, struck me. So I decided to join them, and they agreed!

As they featured the British respectively the American side of the American Revolutionary War I thought I should adopt the French troops.

But at first I began with some landscape modules: a stone bridge, a wooden bridge and a river. My idea was to complicate military operations by landscape obstacles. No longer pitched battles in a scarcely wooded plain.

I must say, I really enjoyed developing and building the landscape modules (I have always liked creative hobbies).

As material I used plywood, cardboard, filler and wall colours. This is the result of my stone bridge:
When the photo was taken I did not have any wargaming figures. So this surprise egg grenadier had to do.

Just to give an idea of the size of the bridge.







My next item was the wooden bridge:

It has a removable central part, so that it can be destroyed.

At that time the stream/river consisted only of the basic structure. I later added foam and marks of current.

No comments: