Thursday, 8 January 2009

Ingénieurs

For my general staff I wanted some ingénieurs-géographes. I discovered three figures by Foundry (SYW) that suited my purpose. The general on horseback became a general, and the two figures on foot were painted as ingénieurs-géographes.

These soldiers played an important part in the Yorktown campaign, because they were able cartographers and provided the general staff with precise maps.




general and ingénieurs-géographes









For my field-defences I needed a member of the Corps Royal du Génie to supervise and command the building of defences. I took the AWI French senior officer by Front Rank, equipped him with a map, and converted an empty horse into his mare. La voilá!






member of the Corps Royal du Génie supervising field-works

No comments: