Sunday, 23 August 2009

French mortar

I have created my first own wargaming figure! It's a French 12lb mortar, which was used by the French contingent at the siege of Yorktown, brought on shore from the warships and probably manned by Navy bombardiers. This weapon was in use throughout the 18th century.
My figure was produced by carving a model in two parts, base and barrel. And a collector friend of mine made a simple rubber mould of it. The result is not outstanding, but sufficient, I think.
In my photo it is manned by SYW figures by Redoubt, and positioned in one of my fieldworks. Up to now I have not discovered figures for bombardiers of the French Navy. So some tinkering will be necessary in the future.

4 comments:

AD said...

Excellent work!

Sargent Jasper said...

Great job thanks for the great info

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Wow! This is great! I want one!

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

It arrived today, thank you! I'll get it painted up and posted to my Blog as soon as possible.