Wednesday, 24 October 2012

New French Limber

I have just finished one more limber for my French artillery park. It is a combination of various products:
Horses and driver (who got a queeu added) are from Dixon Miniatures painted as a French artillery driver with light blue facings. The limber itself is a product of Martin Leesch from Radebeul in Germany, who does very accurate models. It originally belonged to his "L'artillerie Napoléonienne - Obusier de 8 Système de l'an XI". And the 4pounder in travelling position is a very detailed and precise model by Zens Nürnberger Zinnmodelle. The firm does no longer exist. But I managed to lay my hands onto some remnants at the Kulmbach Tin Figure Fair (Kulmbacher Zinnfigurenbörse) in 2011.

2 comments:

Chris Stoesen said...

Very nice. Does the artillery piece come off of the limber so you can deploy it or do you have to use a separate model?

Fridericus said...

It does come off, but I use a separate model as I don't want to change the barrel position (cf. the 4pdr in the previous post).